Austruy's pitcher 50s
Very attractive zoomorphic pitcher in earthenware signed Jean Austruy, decoration of cave paintings on a speckled grey background, 50s.
Jean Austruy (1910-1990)
Awarded a diploma by the School of Fine Arts of Paris, Jean Austruy settles down to Saint-Marcellin in Isère, he begins the ceramic at first in his garage, then in a workshop which he makes build in 1947 to increase his production, the demand being important after the war. His wife Jacqueline, graduate of the Fine arts School also, helps him, they hire employees, and become attached to the quality of their production.
In 1966, the family business gets bigger with their son Yves who contributes to develop the production, while remaining faithful to their requirement of quality and esthetics.
- 8,2cm at the base
- Yurtsua, inverted signature of Austruy
- Good condition, just a slight crack restored at the top