Set of 3 glazed earthenware tiles by the Cloutier brothers 60s

Series of 3 glazed earthenware tiles fixed in an American wooden box, creation of the Cloutier brothers around 1960. Model listed in "The Cloutier Brothers ceramists and sculptors" by Patrick Favardin, Norma éditions, page 70.

Very good condition
 
Height 21cm
Width 21cm

CSD2016

480,00 €

Order now

About...

Robert (1930-2008) and Jean CLOUTIER (1930-2015)

Twin brothers, Jean and Robert Cloutier complete their training at the Meaux Ceramics School by integrating various Parisian workshops, notably that of Georges Jouve (1910-1974) then Pol Chambost (1906-1983). In 1965, they created their own workshop at 53 rue de Reuilly in Paris. They orient themselves in the decoration of tableware by creating the famous Cloutier red characteristic of their production.
Like their contemporaries, they exhibited at the Salon des Ateliers d´Art de France in 1963. They collaborated as a decorator with manufacturers such as Haviland in Limoges. Their research leads them to work on wall architecture and interior decoration by innovating claustra walls. In 1972, they moved to Yvonne in Vinneuf, then to Languedoc in Marsillargues in 1977. They then released their production in their gallery in Lunel.
The Cloutier brothers contributed to the renewal of French ceramics in the 1950s by creating a dreamlike universe of their own.

In the same category

Cart  

No products

0,00 € Shipping
0,00 € Total

Check out