French ceramic tidy Cloutier 60s

Ceramic tidy by the Cloutier brothers, enamelled decoration of stylised flowers in different shades of blue and pink. 1960s.

Perfect condition
 
Width 21cm
Depth 15cm
Signature engraved below Cloutier

CSD2114

90,00 €

Order now

About...

Robert (1930-2008) and Jean CLOUTIER (1930-2015)

Twin brothers, Jean and Robert Cloutier complete their training at the Meaux Ceramics School by integrating various Parisian workshops, notably that of Georges Jouve (1910-1974) then Pol Chambost (1906-1983). In 1965, they created their own workshop at 53 rue de Reuilly in Paris. They orient themselves in the decoration of tableware by creating the famous Cloutier red characteristic of their production.
Like their contemporaries, they exhibited at the Salon des Ateliers d´Art de France in 1963. They collaborated as a decorator with manufacturers such as Haviland in Limoges. Their research leads them to work on wall architecture and interior decoration by innovating claustra walls. In 1972, they moved to Yvonne in Vinneuf, then to Languedoc in Marsillargues in 1977. They then released their production in their gallery in Lunel.
The Cloutier brothers contributed to the renewal of French ceramics in the 1950s by creating a dreamlike universe of their own.

In the same category

Cart  

No products

0,00 € Shipping
0,00 € Total

Check out