Ceramic dish signed Cloutier 60s
Oval ceramic dish by the Cloutier brothers, enameled decoration of a lotus flower in different shades of blue on a pinkish beige background. 1960s.
Cloutier signature engraved on the back.
Robert (1930-2008) and Jean CLOUTIER (1930-2015)
Twin brothers, Jean and Robert Cloutier completed their training at the School of Ceramics in Meaux by integrating various Parisian workshops, notably that of Georges Jouve (1910-1974) then Pol Chambost (1906-1983). In 1965, they created their own workshop at 53 rue de Reuilly in Paris. They orient themselves in the decoration of the art of the table by creating the famous red Cloutier characteristic of their production. Like their contemporaries, they exhibited at the Salon des Ateliers d'Art de France from 1963. They collaborated as decorators with manufacturers such as Haviland in Limoges. Their research leads them to work on mural architecture and interior decoration by innovating screen walls. In 1972, they left to settle in Yvonne in Vinneuf, then in Languedoc in Marsillargues in 1977. They then distributed their production in their gallery in Lunel. The Cloutier brothers contributed to the revival of French ceramics in the 1950s by creating a dreamlike universe of their own.
You might also like