Large Art Deco earthenware vase from Longwy 1925
Very elegant Art Deco vase in Longwy earthenware, 6-sided baluster shape and high hemmed collar, modernist decor of green and burgundy red cloisonné enamels on a crackled white background. Circa 1925.
Stamp on the back "Société des Faïenceries de Longwy", decor numbered 3074.
FAÏENCERIES DE LONGWY
Created in 1798 in Lorraine, famous since the First Empire, the Faïencerie belongs to the family of Huart for 140 years. In 1872, the Italian Amédée de Caranza joined the manufacture and produced cloisonné enamels on earthenware. It is the birth of the famous Emaux de Longwy, dedicated to the Universal Exhibition of 1878. In the 1920s, Art Deco occupies a prominent place there, the culmination of which is the International Exhibition of Decorative Arts in Paris in 1925. After a period of decline, the arrival in 1991 of the Kostka family gave it back its letters of nobility thanks to a revival of colors and decorations. Today, great designers (Hilton Mc Connico, Garouste and Bonetti…) bring their creativity to Longwy.