Picasso collector plate labeled Salins, France
The Salines earthenware activity dates back to 1857. That year, two earthenware makers bought the former Capuchin convent and the surrounding land. The location benefits from the proximity of road and rail services and above all from the hydraulic power of the Furieuse River. In 1912, Edouard Charbonnier, son of a pottery maker from Longchamp bought the factory. In a few years, he created an industrial district. The boom in activity is considerable. The ovens are running at full capacity. When he died, his son Pierre took over the factory which he modernized. He focuses his efforts on exporting and continues to hire. In the 1950s, nearly 400 people worked in workshops in Saline. Gradually integrated into the Faïenceries de Sarreguemines company since 1969, the Salins factory was converted in 1992 into the production of luxury sanitary ware.
- Picasso, label Salins
- Perfect condition