Cup "Tapis Vert" Vallauris 50s

Very nice cup of manufacture "Tapis Vert" in Vallauris, in earthenware, round shaped, Africanist decoration of  light green geometric patterns on dark green background inside and outside of the cup. 50s.

Good condition
Height 7,5cm
Diameter 18,7cm at the widest point
Weight 470g
Signature Tapis Vert Vallauris


185,00 €

Order now


"Tapis vert" in Vallauris

The workshop was opened in 1950 by Claire and René Batigne. The main thrower was Blaise AIELO, assisted by Albert Thiry, Claude Verlinde and François Natoli. Till 1966 this workshop appealed to many artists such as Amédée Ozenfant, Prince Rodolphe de Faucigny Lucinge, Irving Hoffman, Nicolas de Stael and Jacques Prévert.  In 1966 the factory was taken over by Blaise AIELO.

Source: "Marks and signatures of ceramics of the French Riviera"  by Jean-Claude Martin, p.205.

In the same category


No products

0,00 € Shipping
0,00 € Total

Check out